For a healthy vegan diet:
- Eat at least 5 portions of a variety of fruit and vegetables every day;
- Base meals on potatoes, bread, rice, pasta, or other starchy carbohydrates (choose wholegrain where possible);
- Have some dairy alternatives, such as soya drinks and yogurts (choose lower-fat and lower-sugar options);
- Eat some beans, pulses, and other proteins;
- Choose unsaturated oils and spreads, and eat in small amounts;
- Drink plenty of fluids (the government recommends 6 to 8 cups or glasses a day).
Make it stop. A sale shouldn’t always be a cue to buy something. If you have been waiting for a particular product to go on sale, sure, pick it up, but if it’s a random dress you want just because it is on discount, ask yourself if you’d buy it if it wasn’t on sale.
You have your answer.